Windows Live Messenger WLM MSN Error 80072745 Solution
Today I had some problems with log in Windows Live Messenger.
Later I realized the problem was either antivirus ESET NOD32 or Keyports that requires repair from Troubleshoot.
Solution for Windows Live Messenger Users
0. Click Start > Run > Type : “ipconfig /flushdns”
1. Open Internet Explorer. My method: Start > Run > Type “iexplore” [This is to open Internet Explorer]
2. Click File > Enable “Work Offline”
3. Close Internet Explorer.
3. Sign in to MSN as usual, it will pop up the error message box.
4. Click “Troubleshoot” button.
5. Open Internet Explorer [use the shortcut above or your method]
6. Click File > Disable “Work Offline”
7. Close Internet Explorer
8. Disable firewall (Do not filter network traffic)
9. Click the “Repair” button located in Windows Live Messenger Connection Troubleshooter.
10. Once the Keyports have the green tick, click Quit button
11. Sign in to MSN
Solution for third party software such as AVG, ESET, Symantec, etc
1. Disable your firewall, antivirus, antispyware.
2. Sign in MSN
3. Re-enable your firewall, antivirus, antispyware.